To be eligible for Transition to Work support, you must be;
- aged 15 – 24 years old,
- looking for work or wanting to explore training options,
- living in the Maitland, Cessnock or Kurri Kurri Local Government Areas,
- currently unemployed and not studying (left school),
- hold an Australian citizen or the holder of a permanent visa, or
- hold a New Zealand Special Category Visa, or Nominated Visa (including Temporary Protection Visa or Safe Haven Visa).
Eligibility will also depend on a young person’s circumstances, including whether the young person has;
- been awarded a Year 12 certificate or Certificate III,
- has been employed within the last six months,
- receives an income support payment such as Youth Allowance,
- is currently participating in another employment service, including jobactive.
For more information about eligibility, visit https://www.jobs.gov.au/transition-work