What you’ll get out of volunteering with RSPCA NSW:
- Inclusion in a vibrant, diverse, and friendly team
- Directly contribute to positive animal welfare
- Experience in a non-for-profit organisation
- Training and support to upskill your animal handling or grounds maintenance skills (as per the relevant volunteering role).
To be eligible for this program, you must:
- Have NDIS funding
- Have up to 12 hours of 1:1 support
- Be available to work through ALL school holidays
- A goal to build your employability skills
- Be willing to comply with all Work Health and Safety (WHS) guidelines
- Be willing to understand and comply with RSPCA NSW policies and procedures.
What support will be in place for participants?
- 1:1 support from Mai-Wel NDIS personnel
- Mai-Wel Project Lead
- RSPCA NSW Resources Staff.
What roles are available?
Animal Attendant Assistant – 12 hours per week
Assist the animal attendants to enrich the lives of the animals living in our Hunter Shelter, providing them daily love and care as well as assisting in the clinic and retail areas. We’ll work with you to create a role that best suits you.
Tasks may include:
- Assisting the animal attendants with the daily tasks caring for the cats and dogs, such as walking, cleaning enclosures, providing enrichment, assisting with feeding and more
- Cleaning tasks such as washing dirty bowls, litter trays, doing laundry, folding and general area tidying
- Observing the animals behaviour, providing welfare considered care and reporting and signs of illness, injury or behaviour
- Making enrichment items, including growing cat grass and restocking sniffer buckets
- Water testing and maintaining the fish tank
- And additional administration, cleaning and assisting tasks as required.
Grounds Keeper Role – 4 hours per week
You’ll be the expert maintaining the shelter grounds and making the RSPCA NSW environment truly shine.
Tasks may include:
- General maintenance duties such as mowing lawns, edging, whipper snipping, pruning trees and shrubs
- Removal of green waste
- Sweeping paths
- Weeding and mulching
- General building maintenance e.g. removing cobwebs.
Want to know more?
Our team are ready to chat you through this opportunity.
To express your interest or ask questions, please use the button below to fill in the contact form, or for more information contact Tracey Monaghan on 0408 920 915 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Louise Fernie on 0499 572 677 or email@example.com.